Closely Held Business Stock
How It Works
- You make a gift of your closely held stock to George Mason University Foundation and get a qualified appraisal to determine its value.
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock.
- George Mason University Foundation may keep the stock or offer to sell it back to your company.
- You receive an income-tax deduction for the fair-market value of stock.
- You pay no capital-gain tax on any appreciation.
- Your company may repurchase the stock, thereby keeping your ownership interest intact.
- George Mason University Foundation receives a significant gift.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Aquanetta J. Betts, JD
George Mason University Foundation, Inc.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.